Terms and conditions
The Company acts as a commercial agent for the accommodation on the website.
Our aim is to simplify your life by handling all of the reservation correspondence with the French hosts on your behalf.
If you wish to take up our offer then we will require a 25% deposit if the arrival date at your first accommodation is more than 6 weeks away. This deposit is non-refundable. Otherwise, payment in full is required.
Payment in full will also be required if the value of your booking is £60.00 or less.
Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or debit card (Visa Delta, Mastercard debit or Maestro).
- Your contract with us comes into effect at the moment that our Confirmation of Reservation email is sent to the email address that you provided on the enquiry form. Unless the email is returned to Stopover Connections Ltd as undeliverable, it is assumed that you received this confirmation.
- The Company warrants that it will process reservation requests in accordance with accepted industry standards. The Company also accepts limited liability for any loss due to an error by the Company's personnel. Liability is limited to the accommodation cost of the establishment concerned.
The Company is not liable for any of the following conditions:
- You do not receive our Booking Confirmation email.
- You arrive outside of the stipulated check in time without requesting the host's agreement resulting in the accommodation's cancellation of your booking.
- You don't show up on the date you have booked.
- The accommodation cancels your booking due to circumstances outside of the Company's control.
- Any matters whatsoever relating to meals taken at the accommodation which are outside of our contract.
- On receipt of the deposit/full payment and of the host's acceptance of your reservation, you will receive our Booking Confirmation by email which will include the address details for your accommodation, directions, and any other relevant information such as check-in times, local taxes that may be payable etc. Please note that information such as check-in times is provided for guidance only - we cannot be held responsible if hosts in France are not able to maintain the times stipulated for whatever reason.
- If a balance payment is required, this will be automatically debited to your card six weeks prior to the arrival date. We will give you 24 hours notice that the payment will be taken. You will be notified if the balance payment is refused by your card company and will have 5 working days to submit new card details after which the Company will cancel your booking and retain the deposit.
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to £30.00 should you require any amendments to be made to your booking. Amendments may include but not be limited to changes of dates, changes to the number of nights, changes to the number of persons in the party and cancellation. We will notify you of the amendment fee that is payable and will debit this to the card with which you made the initial payment or withhold this value from any refund that may be due to you.
If you cancel a confirmed booking, the following penalties apply. In all cases, a minimum of £10.00 will be retained by Stopover Connections Ltd.
- Cancellation received by Stopover Connections Ltd 14 days or less before the first night booked (this is the first date on your itinerary and not individual stops) - No refund is guaranteed. However if the host is able to relet the rooms then a refund will be at their discretion. We will negotiate the refund on your behalf.
- Cancellation received between 15 days and 28 days before first night booked - 50% refund of the value paid. However, if your booking is for more than 1 night and the host successfully relets for more than 50% of the nights booked, then we will negotiate with them for a further refund on your behalf. This will however be at their discretion and any further refund cannot be guaranteed.
- Cancellation received between 29 days and 42 days before first night booked - 75% refund of the value paid
- The deposit is non-refundable unless the accommodation host is able to relet the room(s)
If you have booked an evening meal and cancel your booking less than 24 hours before you're due to arrive or fail to turn up at your accommodation or arrive too late to have the meal, then the cost of the meals will still be payable. The Company will debit this cost to the card used to make your booking. The Euro cost of the meal will be converted to sterling at the spot rate applicable on that day.
Cancellation or changes to your accommodation made by Stopover Connections Ltd; In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel or change your accommodation booking, we will notify you as soon as possible and seek to arrange alternative accommodation of equivalent quality and in the same general location.
We regret no refund or compensation will be payable if we have to cancel your reservation due to force majeure which are circumstances that we could not reasonably foresee or avoid.
These may include war, threat of war, civil strife, pandemic, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, bad weather.
Should your booking not be possible for one of these reasons then you may reschedule it to a future date at no additional cost.
We cannot be held liable and we will not pay any resulting expenses or additional costs. In all cases liability and compensation are restricted in accordance with the provisions of all applicable international conventions which concern accommodation.
Location of business - Stopover Connections Ltd(www.stopoverconnections.com) (The Company) is a business registered in England (Company registration number 4812372) whose registered office is at 75 Plantation Drive, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 5SG, England, and is therefore governed by English law. This is applicable to anybody who can view the website in any other country, and / or has contact with The Company by any other means of communication such as electronic mail, fax or post, without necessarily having viewed the website (www.stopoverconnections.com).
Your contract with The Company is based on these Booking Conditions, which are governed by English law and English courts. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything in these booking conditions
All photographs and information provided on our accommodation pages are non-contractual.
All prices displayed are subject to change without notice.
We accept liability if the accommodation is not of a reasonable standard within the context of the price of the accommodation and the length of your stay.
If you have a complaint about the accommodation you must tell the provider of the accommodation immediately at the time of your stay. If they do not put things right and your enjoyment of your stay is severely affected you must let us know as soon as possible, but in any case within 48 hours of the problem becoming apparent.
You can contact us by phone from the UK on 01202 798443 or from overseas on +33 (0)6 08 65 71 57 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should provide your name, where you can be contacted and full details of the problem. If, having returned to the UK, you wish to take the matter further, you must write to us with full details of the complaint within 28 days of your return. We will not be responsible for complaints made after this time or if you have not followed the above procedure. We endeavour to respond to all complaints within five working days.
We will compensate you in the following situations; In the case of damage other than death, illness or personal injury, compensation shall be limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as, among others, the accommodation cost, the length of your stay and the extent to which it can be shown that your holiday enjoyment has been affected. We will not be responsible for your disappointment as a result of your unrealistic expectations where the accommodation has been as described. We accept liability if you suffer death or personal injury as a result of the accommodation not being as described and not of a reasonable standard.
These acceptances of liability do not apply if there has been no fault on our part nor on the part of the accommodation owners, and the loss, death or personal injury suffered is attributable to your own acts or omissions, or to the acts or omissions of a third party not involved in the provision of the accommodation. Nor does the acceptance of liability apply if your death, injury or illness is caused by an event whose consequences could not have been avoided or anticipated even exercising all due care, or to an event which, even exercising all due care, could not have been foreseen or forestalled. They are also conditional upon you assigning to us any rights you might have against any other persons whose acts or omissions give rise to our liability. In all cases liability and compensation are restricted in accordance with the provisions of all applicable international conventions which concern accommodation.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate travel insurance for your trip.