Terms and conditions
All enquiries and reservations are made through the Stopover Connections Ltd reservation service. Our aim is to make your life simpler by handling all of the reservation correspondence with the French hosts on your behalf. Visitors who are planning a multi-location trip to France in particular benefit from our service.
A deposit of 25% of the booking value will be required on your confirmation of the reservation if the date of arrival at your first accommodation is more than 6 weeks from the date of reservation. This deposit is non-refundable. Otherwise, payment in full is required. Payment in full will also be required at the time of booking if the reservation value is £60.00 or less. If payment of the deposit or of the full amount (as applicable) is not received by the Company within 5 working days of the client completing the payment form, due to incorrect credit/debit card details being provided, the reservation will be deemed void and the host will be free to accept alternative reservations.
Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or debit card (Visa Delta, Mastercard debit or Maestro).
- All reservations processed through Stopover Connections Ltd form a contract only between Stopover Connections Ltd. and the guest. This contract is NOT between the accommodation and the guest. This contract is deemed to be valid from the time a confirmation of reservation email is sent to the guest's email account given on the enquiry form Unless the email is returned to Stopover Connections Ltd as undeliverable, the email is deemed to have been received by guest.
- Stopover Connections Ltd. warrants that it will process reservation requests in accordance with accepted industry standards Stopover Connections Ltd. accepts limited liability for any loss due to an error by the staff of Stopover Connections Ltd. Liability is limited to the accommodation cost of the establishment concerned.
Stopover Connections Ltd. is not liable for any of the following conditions:
- Confirmation email sent to guest is not received.
- The accommodation cancels guest's rooms due to late arrival of guest.
- The accommodation cancels a reservation due to circumstances outside the control of Stopover Connections Ltd.
- Guest enters incorrect details on enquiry form.
- Any matters whatsoever relating to meals taken at the accommodation which are outside of the contract agreed between Stopover Connections Ltd and their clients.
- On receipt of the deposit/full payment and of the host's acceptance of your reservation, guests will be emailed with full details of their booking, which will include the address details of the accommodation , directions on how to find them and other information such as check-in times, local taxes that may be payable etc. Please note that information such as check-in times is provided for guidance only - we cannot be held responsible if hosts in France are not able to maintain the times stipulated for whatever reason.
- If a balance payment is required, this will be automatically debited to the guest's card six weeks prior to the arrival date, although we will give 24 hours notice by e-mail that the payment will be taken. If for whatever reason the balance is not forthcoming within 7 working days from the due date, Stopover Connections Ltd will consider the reservation cancelled and the deposit will be forfeited.
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to £30.00 should any amendments to your booking be required after the deposit/full amount has been paid. Amendments may include but not be limited to changes to dates, changes to the number of nights, changes to the number of persons in the party and cancellation etc. We will notify you of the amendment fee that is payable and will debit this to the card with which you made the initial payment or withhold this value from any refund that may be due to you.
If you cancel a confirmed booking, the following penalties apply. In all cases, a minimum of £10.00 will be retained by Stopover Connections Ltd.
- Cancellation received by Stopover Connections Ltd 14 days or less before the first night booked (this is the first date on your itinerary and not individual stops) - No refund is guaranteed. However if the host is able to relet the rooms then a refund will be at their discretion. We will negotiate the refund on your behalf.
- Cancellation received between 15 days and 28 days before first night booked - 50% refund of the value paid. However, if your booking is for more than 1 night and the host successfully relets for more than 50% of the nights booked, then we will negotiate with them for a further refund on your behalf. This will however be at their discretion and any further refund cannot be guaranteed.
- Cancellation received between 29 days and 42 days before first night booked - 75% refund of the value paid
- The deposit is non-refundable unless the accommodation host is able to relet the room(s)
If you cancel your reservation less than 24 hours before your arrival date or fail to turn up at your accommodation or arrive after the latest check in time having booked a meal with the accommodation, then the cost of the dinners reserved will still be payable. Stopover Connections will debit the card with which you made your booking payment with the Euro value converted to sterling at the spot rate applicable on that day.
Cancellation or changes to your accommodation made by Stopover Connections Ltd; In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel or change your accommodation booking, we will notify you as soon as possible and seek to arrange alternative accommodation of equivalent quality and in the same general location. We regret no refund or compensation will be payable if we have to cancel your reservation due to circumstances that we could not reasonably foresee or avoid. These may include war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, bad weather. In these circumstances we are not liable and we will not pay any resulting expenses or additional costs. In all cases liability and compensation are restricted in accordance with the provisions of all applicable international conventions which concern accommodation
Location of business - Stopover Connections Ltd(www.stopoverconnections.com) (The Company) is a business registered in England (Company registration number 4812372) whose registered office is at 75 Plantation Drive, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 5SG, England, and is therefore governed by English law. This is applicable to anybody who can view the website in any other country, and / or has contact with The Company by any other means of communication such as electronic mail, fax or post, without necessarily having viewed the website (www.stopoverconnections.com).
Your contract with The Company is based on these Booking Conditions, which are governed by English law and English courts. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything in these booking conditions
All photographs that are displayed on the website have been provided to The Company by the individual accommodations. The Company cannot therefore be held responsible for their accurate representation of the accommodation concerned.
The Company acts as a booking agent only and the information supplied in our pages has been supplied directly by our hosts. We cannot therefore be held responsible for any inaccuracies in the information provided. In particular you should note that tariffs are subject to change without notice. We accept liability if the accommodation is not of a reasonable standard within the context of the price of the accommodation and the length of your stay.
Although Stopover Connections Ltd are confident that the accommodation selected is clean, comfortable and excellent value, we cannot make any guarantee as to the same.
If you have a complaint about the accommodation we have arranged, you must tell the provider of the accommodation immediately at the time of your stay. If they do not put things right and your enjoyment of your stay is severely affected you must let us know as soon as possible, but in any case within 48 hours of the problem becoming apparent. You can contact us by phone from the UK on 01202 798443 or from overseas on +33 (0)6 08 65 71 57 or by email at email@example.com. We need your name, where you can be contacted and full details of the problem. If, having returned to the UK, you wish to take the matter further, you must write to us with full details of the complaint within 28 days of your return. We will not be responsible for complaints made after this time or if you have not followed the above procedure. We endeavour to respond to all complaints within five working days.
We will compensate you in the following situations; In the case of damage other than death, illness or personal injury, compensation shall be limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as, among others, the accommodation cost, the length of your stay and the extent to which it can be shown that your holiday enjoyment has been affected. We will not be responsible for your disappointment as a result of your unrealistic expectations where the accommodation has been as described. We accept liability if you suffer death or personal injury as a result of the accommodation not being as described and not of a reasonable standard.
These acceptances of liability do not apply if there has been no fault on our part nor on the part of the accommodation owners, and the loss, death or personal injury suffered is attributable to your own acts or omissions, or to the acts or omissions of a third party not involved in the provision of the accommodation. Nor does the acceptance of liability apply if your death, injury or illness is caused by an event whose consequences could not have been avoided or anticipated even exercising all due care, or to an event which, even exercising all due care, could not have been foreseen or forestalled. They are also conditional upon you assigning to us any rights you might have against any other persons whose acts or omissions give rise to our liability. In all cases liability and compensation are restricted in accordance with the provisions of all applicable international conventions which concern accommodation.
Please note that it is the responsibility of any traveller overseas to ensure that they have adequate travel insurance for their trip.