Frequently asked Questions
The Enquiry Process
- How do I find out if an accommodation has availability?
- Select the 'Enquire on availability' link which is on the accommodation's page and complete the enquiry form.
- Why haven't I received a reply to my availability enquiry?
- If you have made an enquiry, and you entered your email address correctly on the form, you will have received an acknowledgement email from us. If so, please check your spam/held mail/junk mail folder where you may find our email advice of availability. Otherwise, please let us know by replying to your acknowledgement email and we will look into it for you.
If you did not receive our acknowledgement email, you may have entered an incorrect email address. If you think this may have happened, please let us know through our Contact Us page.
- I have made an enquiry. How do I ask a further question before booking?
- Please reply to any of the emails that you have received from us and we will answer your question.
- I don't know my exact holiday dates yet. How do I find out general availability?
- Sorry, but our online enquiry system requires specific dates. Please come back when your dates are fixed.
- How do I book more than one room?
- We are working on a multi-room enquiry system but for the moment, on the enquiry form, just enter the total number of adults and children and let us know in the 'important information' box what room arrangements you want.
- I can't find my confirmation email. How do I get another copy?
- Please check your spam/junk mail folder. If you can't find the email let us know by replying to any of the other emails that you have received from us and we will resend it to you.
- How do I make a change to my booking?
- Let us know what you need to change by replying to any of the emails that you have received from us. For some changes, a £10 administrative fee will be payable.
- How do I cancel my booking?
- Reply to any of the emails that you received from us and we will cancel the booking with the host.
- I want to cancel my booking. Will I lose all of the money that I have paid?
- Our cancellation policy is outlined on our Terms and Conditions page.
- I have a complaint. Who do I contact?
- Our complaints procedure is outlined on our Terms and Conditions page.
Using the Website
- Why can't I see the accommodation name or contact details anywhere?
- Stopover Connections is a reservation service. You will receive full address details, accommodation contact contact number and driving directions on confirmation of your booking.
- Can I contact the accommodation directly before I make a booking?
- No, Stopover Connections is a reservation service. If you have any queries, please reply to any of the emails that you have received from us or use the contact us page.
- Why are your prices in pounds sterling and not in euros?
- Stopover Connections is a UK Limited Company and pounds sterling is our currency of choice. We are unable to accept payment in other currencies.
- How do I find out how much the prices are in my own currency?
- You can get an idea of the local currency amount by using http://www.xe.net/ucc. However, the exact local currency value that will be charged to your card will depend on the exchange rate used by your card company at the time of the transaction.
- Can I pay the accommodation in cash at the time of my stay?
- No. Stopover Connections is a reservation service, so full payment is made to ourselves by debit or credit card before you arrive at the accommodation.
- Do I have to pay the full amount now?
- If your stay is 6 weeks or less from your booking date then yes, full payment must be made. Otherwise, a 25% deposit will be payable to secure your booking with the balance payable 6 weeks before arrival.
- Are you ABTA or ATOL affiliated?
- No. Stopover Connections is neither a travel agent nor a tour operator but simply a reseller of accommodation.